Thursday, May 9, 2013

Do you read attachments to emails?

I rarely do. Maybe I am alone on this.

The same applies to hyperlinks within emails too.

Obviously, if the email is from a collaborator and the attachment concerns their latest results then I do open the attachment and read it carefully.

However, emails from administrators, conference and seminar organisers, and other random matters are only read if the subject looks important.
The main message needs to be in the body of the text otherwise it just does not get my attention.

What about you?

1 comment:

  1. I am certainly very frustrated when someone sends me information in an attachment that could have been easily summarised in a paragraph in the body of an email. I am *especially* frustrated when these are bulk emails - to save one person the time of cutting and pasting into the body of the email, they expect N people to open the attachment.

    It does occasionally lead me to not read important information.

    ReplyDelete